Okay, I know you didn't sleep all night long because you were so excited to see my secret revealed in cookies. Oh wait. That was me up all night. I bet you slept really well! So... guess what! I'm going to be a....
This beautiful girl of mine and her husband decided it's time to turn my pink hair into gray hair ;-) and become a GRANDMA!
Did you catch the shirt saying? This is how she told us the exciting news! She waited for us to read her shirt!
So I decided to make cookies. Yesterday's cookies were pickles and ice cream to get you ready for the big secret. By the way, Mellissa HATES pickles, but I bet she could put up with some pickle shaped cookies ;-) So then I made a bunch of GRANDMAS.
Notice they don't have pink hair. What's the deal with that? Yes, my grandchild will have a grandma with pink hair. That part you can be sure of!
I had too much fun with these grandmas.
and more grandmas
Then I made little girls that were packed up to go play at Grandmas house. I don't care AT ALL if it's a boy or a girl, but I made these cute little girls. We'll know more in March...
Then I made some fun sayings about grandmas
This will be very true of this grandma :-)
I don't really believe in spoiling to be honest. I think a parents job is to NOT do too much for a child. The most important job we will EVER have is to raise independent, competent, caring, loving, giving children. I'm all for spoiling with lots of love though.
Ok, so here's where I need your help. What should my grandchild call me? I can tell you right now that he/she can call me chopped liver and I'll come running, but Mellissa wants us to come up with a grandma-type name fitting of me. I need your input. Leave a comment with grandma names to help us find something fitting.
I LOVED all the comments yesterday both on my blog and on my Cristin's Cookies Facebook page. You all touch my heart and always keep me smiling! I appreciate you!
* he/she will be special blessing from God and you will somehow have to figure out how to smile wider than you already do! lol Blessings, Donna B.
* You have such JOY coming to you that you will be in utter AWE. :) ENJOY, Susie
* Hang on to your pink ponytail. Being a grandma will be the ride of your life. Carroll's Cookies
* It's the most special and beautiful thing that can happen to a parent! Paula of Vanilla Bean Baker
* I think maybe your daughter Mellissa is gonna make you a Granny...but you seem too young to be a Granny... so we need to find you a way cooler name... mmm I think he or she should call you GranPinkie... yeah... that's is it GranPinkie... or just Pinkie! Kim of The Cookie Puzzle
Kim is right, I need a name. So what do you think? Help think of some grandma names and share...