I was invited to participate in a group project to honor one of our own. Anita from Sweet Hope Cookies started making cookies to raise awareness and funds for ALS. Her generosity and love inspires all she interacts with to be better, love better, and live better. Today we honor Anita as she remembers her brother Randy, with stories of the people in our lives that inspire us the most. Please join with us by sharing this photo and YOUR story. Follow the love with #CelebrateLife
Anita inspires me in so many ways. I've been lucky enough to have met her in person twice. It's a lot like meeting a celebrity and yet she makes you feel completely comfortable and she's just as nice and super funny as she is on her blog. Her devotion to the fight against ALS is nothing less than inspiring and she does it all in loving memory of her brother, Randy. I have no doubt that Randy is watching over her and incredibly proud of his sister's efforts in the fight against ALS.
For this project, we were asked to choose someone that is our hero, who inspired us, who we are proud of, who we love. There are so many people that fall into that category for me, but the obvious choice was my dad. My dad was always my biggest hero. He taught me that I could do anything if I dedicated hard work to make it happen. Our problem solving skills were the same. The way our brains figured out things was the same. Character, honesty and work ethic were some of the most important qualities to him. We lost my dad to Cancer 6 years and 7 days ago.
Did I ever tell you that my dad was a race car driver? He was also an Engineer and a Marketing Manager, but racing cars was his passion. So I made him race car cookies. More about that in a bit.
This was an amazing group project started by Georganne of LilaLoa. She has an 11 day old newborn baby, but somehow found the time to head this entire project with all these cookie artists. She's another one that inspires!
The cookie artists that joined in this project are:
1. Lorraine’s Cookies http://www.facebook.com/
2. Cristin’s Cookies http://www.cristinscookies.com/2014/04/project-anita.html
3. Sugar Rush Custom Cookies https://www.facebook.com/
4. Sweet Shop Natalie http://sweetshopnatalie.
6. Whisked Away Cookies https://www.facebook.com/
7. Sweet Ree’s Bake Shoppe https://www.facebook.com/
8. The Cookie Architect https://www.facebook.com/
9. The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com
11. Kookie Kreations by Kim https://www.facebook.com/
12. Sugar Nosh Treats https://www.facebook.com/
13. The Baked Equation http://thebakedequation.com
14. Chris’s Creative Confections https://www.facebook.com/
15. Sweet Ambs https://www.sweetambs.com/
16. Tami Rena’s Cookies https://www.facebook.com/
17. Cindy’s Cozy Kitchen http://cindyscozykitchen.
18. Suz Daily http://www.suzdaily.com
19. TLC – Trinnie Loves Cookies https://www.facebook.com/
So I made lots of race car cookies that I knew my dad would get a smile from.
My dad's favorite color was yellow.
Abigail wanted to get in the race car blog too :-)
Thank you Anita for being a true inspiration and sharing your love. The stories of your Random Acts of Kindness sitting in the coffee shop seeing everyone's faces as they get up in line and realize that someone has already pre-paid for their coffees and the gifts you give and the love you share, inspire all of us to be better and do better.
Please consider sharing YOUR story. Follow the love with #CelebrateLife
Race Car blog background for today: